CVS Health has expanded drive-thru coronavirus testing to 45 of its stores in New Jersey, in addition to 11 locations the company opened last month to help fight the pandemic.
Customers must remain in cars, the company said. The pharmacy will provide kits through the drive-thru window and a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. The new test locations will open on Friday, the company said in a news release.
“Opening access to testing to more locations using our drive-thru window represents an important milestone in our response to the pandemic. We remain grateful for the daily efforts and sacrifices of our front-line colleagues who make the continued expansion of our testing possible,” said Larry J. Merlo, president and CEO of CVS Health in a statement.
With the added locations, testing will be available at CVS pharmacy locations in nearly every county. The sites include:
- Aberdeen, 557 South Atlantic Ave.
- Belle Mead, 2311 Route 206
- Blackwood, 5000 Route 42,
- Bridgewater, 440 Union Ave.
- Brigantine, 3313 Brigantine Boulevard
- Camden, 3002 Mount Ephraim Ave.
- Cedar Grove, 1041 Pompton Ave.
- Cherry Hill, 1 Route 70 East
- Clementon, 9 Berlin Road
- Dumont, 50 West Madison Ave.
- East Brunswick, 380 Route 18
- Eastampton, 1300 Woodlane Road
- Edgewater, 65 River Road
- Edison, 1133 Inman Ave.
- Edison, 8 Eden Ave.
- Elizabeth, 430 Westfield Ave.
- Fair Lawn, 29-00 Broadway, Route 4
- Flemington, 798 Route 202
- Gibbsboro, 74 South Lakeview Drive
- Hamilton Township, 200 Route 33
- Harrison, 524 Mullica Hill Road
- Hazlet, 3391 Highway 35
- Highlands, 470 Route 36
- Jackson Township, 890 Bennetts Mills Road
- Lincoln Park, 15 Boonton Turnpike
- Linden, 1000 W St Georges Ave.
- Lodi, 221 Main Street
- Manalapan, 253 Gordon’s Corner Road
- Maple Shade, 2920 Route 73 North
- Maplewood, 453 Valley Road
- Marlboro, 483 Route 79
- Matawan, 27 Morristown Road
- Medford, 137 Route 70
- Mt. Holly, 508 High Street
- North Arlington, 440 Bellville Turnpike
- North Brunswick, 2257 US Highway 1 South
- Northvale, 269A Livingston Street
- Oakridge, 5740 Berkshire Valley Road
- Ocean Township, 911 Highway 35
- Old Bridge, 2988 Route 516
- Passaic, 394 Broadway
- Pennsauken, 4315 Marlton Pike
- Plainsboro, 4 Schalks Crossing Road
- Pleasantville, 900 North New Road
- Princeton, 881 State Highway 206
- Robbinsville, 2281 Route 33
- Rochelle Park, 150 Rochelle Avenue
- Runnemede, 824 Black Horse Pike
- Sparta, 11 Theatre Centre Street
- Stanhope, 77 Route 206
- Toms River, 1357 Lakewood Road
- Trenton, 1200-1248 Greenwood Ave.
- Union, 1319 Magie Ave.
- Upper Township, 2078 US Highway 9 South
- Vineland, 3629 E. Landis Ave.
- Williamstown, 1239 South Blackhorse Pike
Tests will be sent to a third-party lab for processing and results will be available in about three days.
Those seeking a test must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment. Tests will be available for individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria and age guidelines, the company said.
CVS is the latest company to announce its expansion of testing sites in New Jersey.
Last week, Rite Aid announced it is expanding availability of self-administered coronavirus tests to 14 stores in New Jersey, even for adults who are asymptomatic. Walmart has also opened self-swab, drive-thru testing at seven New Jersey locations.
Our journalism needs your support. Please subscribe today to NJ.com.
Avalon Zoppo may be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @AvalonZoppo.